The ultimate in rejuvenation and relaxation!
In a traditional active, masculine yoga classes, we flow, or hold Asana’s (postures) for about 5 or 10 breath’s, working on strengthening muscles and toning/detoxing vital organs – exerting force and using up our energy stores. The counter-part, feminine yin/restorative practices spoil you as follows:
- Yin Yoga - open into postures for 1-3 minutes
- Restorative Yoga - surrender & relax into postures for 5-15 minutes
- Opening up beyond the muscles, deep into the connective tissue, beyond ligaments and down to the skeletal structure.
- Releasing deeply imbedded fears and emotional trauma’s.
- Exerting little, or no effort the body is able to instead replenish its energy stores, whilst opening and healing the body.
- We are able to balance the acidic stress-related imbalances of the body by deeply relaxing into the para-sympathetic nervous system which governs the automatic (uncontrolled) responses of the body, such as the digestive and reproductive system, the heart and lungs.
- The relaxation and rejuvenation achieved by the entire Human Being through these practices cannot be overstated enough.